There are sill places available, please see Mr Corcoran.
As you may be aware, this year we ran a highly successful ski trip to Austria with 60 students and in this letter I am able to provide you with brief details about our proposed 2017 ski visit. Hopefully, like me, you see huge benefits in young people participating in adventurous activities, particularly when they involve an overseas residential stay. Having been involved with European visits, I can honestly say that every student will have experiences that will stay with them for the rest of their lives. I know that students will miss lessons and it is an expensive activity to take part in. However, I believe the experience will be well worth it and the College will put in place a savings plan so that as many students as possible feel able to go.
If you would like your son or daughter to be included in this visit, please attend an information evening on Thursday 22 October 2015 at 6.00pm in the Learning Centre, Normanby Site. At this time, you will be able to pay a deposit of £150.00 (non-refundable), ask any questions you might have and take away lots more information. The brief details are:
- we will be travelling with an experienced ski company called ‘IBT Travel’
- skiing at the world famous Salzburger Sportwelt area in Austria, which includes the resorts of Alpendorf, Flachau and Wagrain
- eight day visit with five days of skiing
- five hours of ski tuition every day
- a ski pass for the whole valley, which includes over 350 km of ski area
- a full program of evening entertainment
- comprehensive travel and ski insurance
- high quality skis, boots and helmets provided
- staying in a highly recommended three star hotel. We have provisionally booked with the Hotel Muhlthaler in Kuchl again, who we used this year, and who provided a fantastic service. All accommodation has en-suite facilities.
- travel by luxury coach and ferry
- we will depart on the morning of Saturday 28 January and return early in the evening Saturday 4 February
- the cost will be £725.00, payable in five instalments:
13 November 2015 £150 (non-refundable deposit)
15 January 2016 £150 second payment
13 May 2016 £150 third payment
08 July 2016 £150 fourth payment
04 November 2016 £125 final payment
Given the current economic climate, we have once again compared prices with other companies but I believe that IBT genuinely offer fantastic value for money. I look forward to seeing you on Thursday 22 October, when I will be able to give you much more information. If you have any questions before then, please do not hesitate to telephone me at the College.
Deputy Director of Sixth Form