As we enter our final countdown to Bewerley Park, I thought I would just write to let you know the final details.
You should hopefully by now have received a clothing list. If not, you can also find these details here. Please do not go out and buy anything for this visit as all the specialist clothing required is provided. Lots of warm clothes that dry quickly and, most importantly, a black bin bag to put dirty washing in. No mobile phones or electronics will be permitted during this trip. If students are found with a mobile phone, we will put them in the safe and they will be returned to parents when we return. This reduces ‘screen time’, prevents expensive devices being damaged and prevents issues caused by students texting each other during the night. If you need to contact your son/daughter urgently during the visit, please contact the College and they will be able to contact us at Bewerley Park. Again, if your son/daughter needs to contact you for any reason, we can arrange for that to happen. If your son/daughter has any medication that needs to be taken regularly, please pass this on to Mrs Wood or Mr Graham on Monday morning.
Timetable for the visit:
- students should arrive at the College at the normal time, leaving their bags in the hall as they go to registration
- we will aim to set off by 9.15am to arrive at Bewerley Park for 11.30am. On arrival, students will be able to settle into their rooms, sort out their waterproofs and boots and then we will have lunch.
- From then on, it will be non-stop activity. We will be in the woods, climbing, canoeing, mountain biking, caving and orienteering, right up to 12 noon on the Friday when the kit will be handed back in and we will set off back to the College. We have a programme of all the activities, although the Centre may adjust it due to safety or weather reasons.
- We are aiming to leave Bewerley Park at 1.00pm in order to be back at the College for 3.00pm. If your son/daughter catches a College bus home they will then be able to catch their normal transport home. If you wish to collect your son/daughter from the College, this will be fine from 3.15pm. Otherwise, we will release the students at the end of the College day at 3.30pm, as normal.
- Pocket money should be no more than £10.00 for the trip.
We are all really looking forward to taking this incredible group of Year 8 students away. Please keep an eye on our social media channels as we will posting photos regularly throughout the visit.
If you have any further questions about the visit, please do not hesitate to contact me.