An exciting new role of Engineering Apprentice has arisen in the Engineering Department – this role will help the department achieve their mission of providing a safe, efficient and effective engineering service to the business whilst developing the successful candidate into a fully proficient multi-skilled, but electrically biased, Shift Engineer.
In broad terms this role involves:
- Regular attendance at the TTE college in Middlesbrough on either day or block release – it is expected that the successful candidate will undertake the Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician Apprenticeship course, although this will be assessed based on the candidates qualifications and experience.
- When working in the factory the Apprentice Engineer will work shifts with an experienced Shift Engineer on a wide range of planned and reactive engineering and administrative tasks to further expand his abilities, knowledge and experience and to also build up his/her apprenticeship portfolio.
- Expected duration: 4 years
- Start date: September 2019
The ideal candidate will:
- Be 18 years old or over for insurance criteria and working hours restrictions,
- Have a keen interest in engineering in general,
- Be able to demonstrate a desire to learn coupled with a strong determination to succeed,
- Must reside within commutable distance of Whitby (no more than 35 miles),
- Must possess at least 5 GCSE’s including English, Maths and science or have already successfully completed an apprenticeship in a different discipline,
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of spoken and written English with strong inter-personal and communication skills.
Interested persons should submit their full CV detailing qualifications and previous work experience to HR by no later than Friday 28 June 2019