THE ROTARY CLUB OF WHITBY & DISTRICT
PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP (for 11-17 year olds)
THURSDAY 14 AUGUST 2019 – 10am – 2pm
A photography walk around Whitby with expert photographers sharing their knowledge. Learn about your camera functions and photographic techniques in a fun and relaxed way. Suitable for all camera types (including mobile phones) and all abilities are welcome.
Venue – Hetty & Betty Restaurant, Baxtergate, Whitby
There are 20 free places available.
Students interested in the workshop, should ask their parents to contact Susan Menier
2019/20 ROTARY YOUNG PHOTOGRAPHER COMPETITION
Entrants must produce a portfolio of 3 photographs based on the theme ‘Through My Eyes’ in colour or black and white on photographic paper. The prints must be submitted individually. Each print, including any mount should be no larger than A4 size. Mobile Phones may be used in addition to cameras. Judges will consider all 3 photographs together – they are not judged individually.
- Local Whitby heat for Intermediate 11-13 yrs & Senior 14-17 yrs (as on 31/8/19)
- Deadline for individual entries to schools/community groups – Monday 21/10/19
- Deadline for schools/community groups to submit entries to Rotary – Thursday 24/10/19
- Certificates will be awarded to everyone participating. Prizes will be awarded to winners.
- Prize Giving – Thursday 5/12/19 4:30 pm (with exhibition of photographs from 3:30 pm). Venue-Hetty & Betty Restaurant, Baxtergate, Whitby
- The winning photographs from each group will go forward to compete in the regional and national Rotary Young Photographer Competitions.